Lamley is headed to Hot Wheels Nationals: Readers, any questions for Mattel, or advice on attending?


A little later this week, I will getting on a plane and flying to a state I have never visited before.

That state is Kentucky, and I will be there for the 15th Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals.  And not only is this is the first time I am visiting the Bluegrass State, but also the first time I will fully attend a Hot Wheels convention.

I have quickly brushed through a Hot Wheels convention before, but only on a Saturday afternoon at the LA convention, and only on a few floors of the room-to-room trading.  And that was only because I was in LA for the Japanese Classic Car Show, and it happened to be on the same day.  The bulk of my convention experience has been at the Matchbox Gathering in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which I have attended each of the last seven years.

But I have gotten numerous requests to attend a Hot Wheels convention, and an invitation was offered for me to come to Kentucky, and I obliged.  I am excited, a little trepidatious, and fully curious.  It should make for a very interesting weekend.

So if you are attending, I will see you there.  If you are not, hopefully I can provide some coverage on what the experience is like.  I plan to do a full recap of the weekend on the blog next week, as well as drop numerous updates throughout on the Lamley Facebook and Instagram pages.  So let me know what you would like to see.

Also, let me know if you have any questions for Mattel.  There should be a Q&A during one of the presentations, but I will also be having some one-on-one time with some Hot Wheels decision makers.  If there is something you want me to ask, within reason, post it here.  I will try to pass it on and get an answer.

Lastly, any advice?  What should I bring?  What should I avoid?  How will I survive?  What is the part I should not miss?  Let me know the best way to do a Hot Wheels Convention.

I look forward to your questions and advice.  Hopefully I can provide something interesting over the weekend...


The convention models we know of so far:  (I will post pics as I learn about more...)








Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts

0 komentar: