The Last Golden Age of Matchbox: Black & White Police Cars...


With this Matchbox Police Car kick I am on, I was trying to figure out the best way to show all of the models I have.

Showing the black & white models was suggested to me, and I love the idea.

Here in the US, the white-on-black cop car is iconic.  Close your eyes and think of a cop car, and there is a very good chance you will think of a black sedan with white doors.  The origins of that design are unknown to me (maybe one of our police friends can let us know), but the most well-known force with that design has to be the California Highway Patrol.

So let's start there.

Matchbox has done several unlicensed liveries that look like the CHP livery, but the true CHP is one white door and black everywhere else.  And while I don't have all, I have all that have been done in the last few years:








I love seeing all these together.  Such a nice mix of models, and hopefully we see more.  The new Dodge Charger, upcoming Corvette and Ram, Ford Interceptor, and even the BMW M5 all seem like great candidates.  Let's keep this fleet growing.

But it isn't just Ponch and Jon.  Black and white liveries, licensed or not, are all over Matchbox Police cars.  And here are all that I have in my collection.  Of course, I would love to see others.  If you have them, post them on our Facebook page, or tag your photos #matchboxpolice on Instagram.

Let's keep giving this new Matchbox team some good ideas...

Ford Crown Victoria




'78 Dodge Monaco Police


'89 Chevy Blazer

Dodge Charger




'93 Ford Mustang LX SSP

Ford Explorer


Subaru Impreza WRX Police

Ford Police Interceptor




1956 Buick Century Police Car

Dodge Magnum Police

Camaro Z-28 Police

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts

0 komentar: